EQ Life Masthead - 2019
RSS
enews
live TV (up)
photo galleries (up)
video galleries (up)
subscriptions
EQ Life Magazine
12 month subscription
Robert Palm withdraws from WEG

Robert Palm and Koko Story in the CCI4* - © Roger Fitzhardinge

Robert Palm and Koko Story in the CCI4*at Adelaide last year.

© Roger Fitzhardinge

 

Due to his horse Koko Story suffering a virus Victorian rider Robert Palm has had to withdraw as the Reserve rider for the Australian Eventing Team at the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games in Tryon, USA, next month.

The 11-year-old chestnut gelding became unwell after returning from competition at Le Pin au Haras in France. After receiving immediate treatment by the Australian Team Vet, Graham Potts, the horse has since improved and is now back to full health.

“We got onto it quickly and he’s now 100 per cent fit, sound and happy,” said Palm.

“But in the best interests of my horse and his future we decided to pull the pin on WEG.”

Koko Story will enter quarantine in the UK on August 30. He will spend three weeks there before being flown back to Australia. He will leave quarantine in Melbourne on October 6.

US based rider Ryan Wood (Woodstock Bennett) has been given the call up to replace Palm as the Australian Eventing Team Reserve.

“I have spoken to “Bennett’s” owners and associated connections and we are thrilled for him to be named as a Reserve for the Worlds,” said Wood.

Source: Equestrian Australia website

 

Ryan Wood accepts Essex Silver Cup from Rod and Diann Ryan © i{mpack} studio

Ryan Wood.

© i{mpack} studio
 

 

Back to top. Printable View.